Initiative Updates:Fall 2018: The Missoula Area Chamber of Commerce hosted 18 of the largest employers in Missoula. The meeting confirmed the need for access to quality, affordable child care in Missoula to assist with the continuation or return to work of their employees. This meeting generated great interest that led to follow up meetings between the Chamber and individual businesses. From the individual meetings came several viable options for the creation of the below child care models:
The Patagonia Model: The creation of a child care facility that is housed within the business for their employees.
A large 240 capacity child care facility proposed at an existing child care location has morphed into potentially a campus for a single larger employer.
Collaboration between two or more businesses that are open to combining efforts to create a child care facility for their sector of town.
- Utilize vacant school buildings as child care facilities
Incorporating a child care center in current development projects.
- Child care center located in a shopping center.
Child Care Initiative Task Force
- Contact a member of the child care initiative task force to learn more:
- Mark Roberts, Missoula Early Learning Center
- Todd Schaper, CTA Architects
- Kelly Rosenleaf, Child Care Resources
- Margaret McManus, Allegiance
- Susan Hay Patrick, United Way
- Kim Latrielle, Missoula Area Chamber of Commerce
- Kimberly Hannon, Missoula Area Chamber of Commerce
- Clint Burson, Missoula Area Chamber of Commerce