Have a Goal: Ask yourself "Why am I going?" and set two outcomes you want to accomplish.
2. Dress to Impress: First impressions mean a lot.
3. Bring Business Cards: Don't waste the opportunity to exchange information - bring more cards than you think you will need.
4. Have a Good Introduction: Make eye contact when you introduce yourself, giving your first and last name and a firm hand shake.
5. Listen then Speak: Engaging someone with questions will get their full attention, then share about yourself.
6. Show Sincerity & Interest: Ask open ended questions about the other person's background and work.
7. Be Clear & Concise: You can always share more later but keep people's attention by giving succinct answers.
8. Take Notes: Use the back of a person's business card to jot down information you want to keep.
9. Follow-Up: After a few days email people you met to build the connections you've made.
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.
Copyright Missoula Area Chamber of Commerce. All Rights Reserved.
825 E Front St | Missoula, MT 59802
Phone: (406) 543-6623 | email@example.com